Company H. and Watkins College of Art, Design & Film present:
Seven Types of Play
April 5th, 6-9pm, at WAG in the Arcade
Nashville Art Crawl
The show’s concept was guided by notion of “play,” specifically through the National Institute for Play’s delineation of seven distinct types: Attunement, Body, Object, Social, Imaginative, Narrative and Transformative. With each artist creating within one type of play, rules operated in place of theme as a structuring element and built continuity through the very act of making.
The seven participating artists, all council members of Co. H, are:
• Mika Agari (Fine Art), object play
• David Anderson (Fine Art), transformative play
• Aaron Harper (Fine Art), imaginative play
• Blake Holland (The Film School), narrative play
• Zack Rafuls (Fine Art), attunement play
• Alexine Rioux (Fine Art), body play
• Kayla Saito (Fine Art), social play.
Work will include drawing, painting, video, digital prints, sculpture, performance and social practice.
Check out the write up over at the Nashville Scene.
Feel free to check out the Facebook event page.
And for more info…
event poster designed by Holly Carden